Hallmark might cut two movies from its Fall Harvest premiere list and start its Countdown to Christmas before Halloween even happens, but on the actual calendar. . . it’s officially autumn. And in the spirit of changing leaves and snuggling sweaters, I am sharing my Hallmark-inspired Fall Harvest To-Do List so that you, too, can experience a fabulous fall season.
So grab your Pumpkin Spice Latte and get out there. Enjoy all that autumn has to offer. . . In Real Life!
Hallmarkies, how many of these items will you check off the list this fall?
- In the spirit of the Pumpkin Pie Wars, bake a pumpkin pie.
- In the spirit of Autumn in the Vineyard, visit a vineyard, attend a wine tasting event, or if those aren’t options in your local area, share a bottle of wine with a friend while you blow bubbles like the characters in Love and Sunshine. (I know, I know, this is a summer movie, but we are at least keeping within the wine theme.)
- In the spirit of Harvest Moon, visit a pumpkin patch and pick out a pumpkin or pamper yourself with a facial. If your facial can have a pumpkin theme or use pumpkin products, all the better.
- In the spirit of October Kiss,make a Halloween costume consisting only of items you have in your home, go trick-or-treating with your family, or attend a fun Halloween-themed event.
- In the spirit of Love, of Course and Love on a Limb, participate in a community event either by volunteering your time or making a donation in support of the mission.
- In the spirit of Harvest Wedding and All of My Heart: Inn Love & The Wedding, attend a fall wedding.
- In the spirit of Autumn Dreams, visit New York City this fall. A picnic in Central Park is always a good time, as is eating curbside in NYC at the Brooklyn Food Truck Rally in Prospect Park or visiting Smorgasburg.
- In the spirit of Falling for Vermont, I sincerely hope you do not have or get amnesia, but having lived in New England for almost 15 years, I can attest that Vermont is beautiful this time of year. Go for a visit and enjoy the many beautiful shades of fall. If you can’t visit Vermont, read a fun young adult novel that interests you, attend a fall festival and ride the Ferris wheel, or go for a walk to enjoy time with someone special.
- In the spirit of Harvest Love, attend a fall-themed dance or enjoy some food or drink inspired by pears.
- In the spirit of Love Struck Café, support a local café by stopping by for coffee or a meal, go on a hayride, or bake an apple cake.
- In the spirit of Falling for You and Truly, Madly Sweetly, bake cupcakes. Bake anything!
- In the spirit of Under the Autumn Moon, embrace the outdoors. If you can’t ride horses or visit a ranch, go for a hike and enjoy the crisp fall temperatures.
- As Hallmark premiers Over the Moon in Love and Love, Fall & Order, whip up one of these Delicious Autumnal Cocktails listed here.